Pre- and Postnatal Acupuncture Care
Did you know that you could benefit from Acupuncture during and after pregnancy? Common pregnancy conditions that Acupuncture can be applied for are:
- All aches and pains during and after pregnancy, i.e. musculo-skeletal pain, sciatica
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting, acid reflux
- Digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids
- Urinary tract problems, such as urinary incontinence
- Carpal tunnel
- Headaches and migraines, insomnia
- Breech and posterior position babies
- Labor preparation and labor induction
- Anxiety and Depression
Acupuncture can help to gently prepare pelvis and cervix for labor. Weekly pre-birth treatments are recommended to do so starting in Week 36 or 37. Recently substantiated by international research, labor preparation treatments have the potential to:
- make the active stage of labor more efficient and
- may help reduce rates of medical interventions, such as inductions and caesarean sections.
In regards of postnatal care, Acupuncture has techniques to promote recovery, these include the use of specific strengthening points. Other postnatal conditions that acupuncture can help with include:
- insufficient lactation and mastitis
- wound healing and scar tissue repair
- postnatal depression
- and urinary incontinence.
If you have questions, please feel free to call!
Or call to arrange your appointment: 604 787 8923